Principal: Doug Payne
Assistant Principals: Brenda Case Counselors: Danielle Brown
Zack Sims Nancy Josey
Center Hill High School, Home of the Mustangs, is located in the growing suburb of Olive Branch, MS as a part of the DeSoto County School district. Center Hill opened in 2006 and held its first graduation ceremony in 2009.
- Center Hill High School was named one of the top high schools in the nation by US News.
- Star School
- A+ School
- 3 National Merit Semi-finalists
- 3 National Achievement Semi-finalists
Our school is committed to providing each student with meaningful experiences in a safe environment that enhances a lifelong love of learning; promotes a positive self-concept; encourages responsibility, creativity, individuality, and good citizenship; and regards high expectations of all students as the standard.
- Center Hill High School is a college-preparatory school serving grades 9 through 12.
- A Preliminary Scholastic Assessment Test (PSAT) preparatory class is offered to sophomores and juniors, as well as an ACT preparatory class.
- Athletics and Activities: archery (boys/girls), band, baseball, basketball (boys/girls), color guard, cheerleading, cross country (boys/girls), dance, football, golf (boys/girls), soccer (boys/girls), softball, swim (boys/girls), tennis (boys/girls), track and field (boys/girls), and volleyball.
- Clubs and Organizations: Art Society, Beta Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Fellowship of Christian Students, Family Career and Community Leaders of America, InsaneStangs (pep club), Interact, Knowledge Bowl Team, Mustang TV, National Honor Society, Robotics Team, Science Club, Spanish Club, Student Council, Ultimate Frisbee, Yearbook.
- 2014/15 total student enrollment: 937 (457 Girls and 480 Boys); 44% Minority population
Grading Scale: Traditional Value: Accelerated Value: Advanced Placement Value:
A = 90-100 A = 4 A = 5 A = 6
B = 80-89 B = 3 B = 4 B = 5
C = 70-79 C = 2 C = 3 C = 4
D = 65-69 D = 1 D = 2 D = 3
F = 0-64 F = 0 F = 0 F = 0
* The grading scale above was approved by the DeSoto County School Board in June 2008
Honors/Accelerated Courses are calculated at 1.05 in the students’ GPA:
Gifted English I, Gifted English II, Accelerated English I, Accelerated English II, Accelerated English III, Accelerated English IV, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Biology II, Human Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, Spanish III
Advanced Placement (AP) Courses are calculated at 1.1 in the students’ GPA:
AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Language and Composition, AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, AP US Government, AP US History, AP Studio Drawing, AP 2D Design, AP Art History, AP Spanish, PSAT.
Class Scheduling: 4 x 4 block schedule is used. Students attend 4 classes each day for 94 minutes. Credits are awarded at the end of each term (for half credit classes) or at the end of each semester (for full credit classes).
Mississippi requires all students to pass four subject area tests to graduate: English II, Algebra I, Biology I, and US History.
Students Entering High School in 2009-2010 (26 credits)
English 4 units (English I-IV)
Mathematics 4 units (Algebra I and at least one math higher required)
Science 4 units (Biology I and either Physical Science or Chemistry)
Social Studies 4 units (MS Studies, World History, US History, US Govt, Econ, Geography)
Fine Art 1 unit
Health 0.5 unit
Physical Education 0.5 unit
Computer 1.0 unit (Keyboarding/Computer Applications or Computer Discovery)
Electives 7.0 units
Class Rank: Class rank and grade point averages are updated on a semester basis and include all credit-bearing courses, including courses taken in middle school. According to school board policy, class rank is based on the weighted numerical grade point average. Final rank is determined at the end of the third term during the senior year.
Graduate Information: Approximately thirty percent (30%) of our students attend four year institutions; fifty percent (50%) attend a two-year college; ten percent (10%) attend a technical or trade school.
Class of 2015 statistics to date:
Highest GPA in the Class of 2015 is 4.5283 on a 4.0 scale.
Highest numerical GPA in the class is 99.7802 on a 100 point scale.
The highest ACT for the Class of 2015 is 34.